Rules & Policies
Bike Around Murray Rules & Policies
- You must provide your own bike that has working brakes and a helmet.
- You must obey all traffic laws & rules of the road. SAFETY FIRST!
- Stay to the right. Move over to the right as far as safety allows and let the faster cyclist(s) pass you by. It’s safer for them and it’s safer for you.
- This is not an official “race”, but rather a self-paced ride. All fitness levels welcome!
- You may ride as fast as you want, but you must average at least 12 mph to ensure you get your time for 62 & 50 mile course riders. For the KOM/QOM course, timing will be cutoff at 11 AM. For the 62 & 50 mile course, the second timing will be cutoff at 12:30 PM. If you cannot make these times, we recommend you ride a shorter course.(All in Eastern Time)
- Awards given to best time for each segment.
- There is no minimum age, however, all participants under 18 must have online waiver signed and on-site waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- Use of headphones, stereo, or cellphone while riding not permitted.
- No littering on course. If caught littering, it is considered a misdemeanor and can carry a fine up to $1,000 and jail time in the state of Georgia.
- No public urination allowed. There will be porta potties provided along the course for riders.
- Registration includes USACycling insurance. Must sign on-site USACycling waiver. If under the age of 18, you must have a parent/guardian sign the on-site waiver.
- No refunds, deferrals, or transfers available. All proceeds go to Northwest Georgia Healthcare partnership to fund community health initiatives.
• This is not a race. It is open to everyone of all fitness levels. There are timing cutoffs to help guide you in selecting the best course for you. Race license not required to participate.
About the Course
• Awards are given to riders based on shortest time for the timed segments. There are two timed sections. The King & Queen of the Mountain timed section the winners will each receive $250 cash prize. 2nd place Male & Female winners will each receive $150 cash prize, and 3rd place Male & Female winners will each receive $100 cash prize. For the second timed section